Discover the Tarn and the Hérault
Do not hesitate to ask Franck about all available activities in the area. He’ll also book for you, because, after all you are on holiday!
Leisure activities around Camping Lestap
Hiking rails : Over 200 km of marked hiking trails : Thoré High Valley GRP trails; PR trails : Candesoubre, Wibault, Peyremaux, les Hautes Futaies, les 3 évêques, les crêtes… You can find the hiking trails sheet in the campsite’s reception.
Hiking rails :
Over 200 km of marked hiking trails : Thoré High Valley GRP trails; PR trails : Candesoubre, Wibault, Peyremaux, les Hautes Futaies, les 3 évêques, les crêtes…
You can find the hiking trails sheet in the campsite’s reception.
Mountain bike routes :
With the Black Mountain as a beautiful playground, there are 200 km of marked mountain bikes routes for young beginners and experienced races to discover. Ride through sumptuous scenery, between beech forests, mountain streams and rocky paths (download the brochure)
Bicycle touring :
Kayaking on the river Orb :
Near Gorges d’Héric and Colombière. Whether they tried the beginners course or the sports course, all our guests were delighted (they’ve all come back safe and sound, don’t worry!), with a few fun aquatic stories to share!
Horse riding :
At the Candesoubre stream and the Poul’s natural pool, at the lakes of Montagnes in Mazamet, Raviège in la Salvetat and Laouzas.
Golf La Barouge à Mazamet (18 trous par 70)
The most beautiful villages:
Unesco World Heritage: Albi and Carcassonne
- Pic de Nore
- Black Mountain
- Héric’s gorges
- Devèze caves
- Cabrespine Abyss
- Cubserviès Waterfall
- Wood and toy museum
- Textile museum
- La Moutonnerie (wool museum)
- Prehistory museum in Saint-Pons
- Goya Museum in Castres
- Maison de l’abeille (Bee House) in Cassagnoles.
Category 1 river fishing and at the Albine lake:
New in 2017, the Fishing Federation has reduced the fishing permit for age 12+ from 15 to 10 euros! Connect to www.pechetarn.fr to check the prices.
Local markets and events, useful links
- Monday evening (July and August) local producers market in Mazamet
- Tuesday and Saturday morning: market in Mazamet
- Thursday morning: market in Aussillon and Labastide-Rouairoux
- Local products in Albine: goat and cow cheese, fresh milk in La Carlarié farm; cow cheese and fresh milk in La Ribaute farm, fresh fruits and vegetables sold on Friday evening at the “lavoir” in Albine.
- Black Mountain Rally end of July
- Jalabert Cycling Race in August
- Hautpoul Medieval Celebration in July
- Carcassonne City Fire Works on Bastille Day (14th July)
- Wild Mushroom picking in September and October
Liens à visiter
- During your stay in Albine, take part in the numerous activities organised by the “Communauté de communes”, check out our Facebook page or www.cc-haute-vallee-thore.fr
- Tourism Office www.tourisme-mazamet.com
- Discover Tarn www.campingtarn.com
For more details, please contact our Camping Lestap in Albine, Tarn.